Wednesday, December 29, 2004

9/11 chinks

Bob has some interesting quotes from a book he has read, The New Pearl Harbor (click the graphic below). Two that I find especially intriguing are these:

Marvin P. Bush, the president's younger brother, was a principal in a company called Securacom, which provided security for the World Trade Center. [T]his company was in charge of security for the WTC between 1996 until September 11, 2001, and that it installed a new security system between 1996 and 2000.

[...]

On the weekend of [September 8-9, 2001], there was a ''power down'' condition in WTC tower 2, the south tower. This power down condition meant there was no electrical supply for approximately 36 hours from floor 50 up. The reason given by the WTC for the power down was that cabling in the tower was being upgraded. Of course without power there were no security cameras, no security locks on doors [while] many, many ''engineers'' [were] coming in and out of the tower.

I had known about Marvin, but I didn't know about the "power down" (or if I did, I didn't remember it).

More on 9/11 is at my webpage here.


No comments:

Post a Comment