Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Oh, and...

U.S. forces have targeted the area south of Baghdad in part because the road network in the area offers access to insurgents carrying out attacks on the capital, which remains tense even though street clashes that erupted earlier this month have subsided.

The British Embassy on Monday banned its staff from traveling on the highway between Baghdad and the airport, a frequent target of the guerrillas.
WaPo article

I don't know. Call me nuts, but isn't targeting an area because it's easy (or easier) to target how we got into Iraq in the first place? We're taking the war to the enemy, eh? As long as they have roads to get there. Maybe I'm misinterpreting the statement.

But, I'm not misinterpreting the ban on traveling on the airport highway. Sounds like we may not be getting things under control to me.

...but hey, do what you want...you will anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment