Saturday, October 23, 2004

Team Bush's latest scare ad

As refuted by Mark Kleiman:

1. Kerry's proposal to cut the intelligence budget came after the 1993 WTC attack (and, more importantly, in the wind-down of the Cold War), not after 9-11.

2. The amount involved was about 3% of the intelligence budget.

3. Porter Goss, tthe former CIA officer and Congressman just appointed by GWB to run the CIA, proposed bigger cuts at the same time.


P.S.

I haven't seen the ad. Neither has James Wolcott:

I am probably not the target audience for this spot, since my sympathies are with the wolves, which were slaughtered and tortured by Western settlers and hunted to near extinction. Is there an Elmer Fudd hunter in this commercial symbolizing Bush? I sincerely hope not, because in a fateful standoff between a hunter and a pack of wolves, I will find myself cheering for the wolfpack to rip the hunter to pieces, and this could be construed as a desire to see harm befall our president. I saw what happened to poor Nicholson Baker and I don't need that kind of grief.

No comments:

Post a Comment